Lamb and vege meatballs with spiced lentils
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g lamb mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms (portobello or Swiss brown)
- ½ leek, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley, plus extra, to serve
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, plus 1 teaspoon for lentil mix
- 1 egg
- 400g can lentils in spring water, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped kale or silver beet leaves, large stalks removed
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt, to serve
- lemon zest to garnish (optional)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 15g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine lamb mince, carrot, mushrooms, leek, parsley, chilli, celery salt, 1 tablespoon of the paprika and egg. Form mixture into small balls, about the size of a golf ball, and place on baking dish. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning half-way through cooking time.
2 Meanwhile, in a saucepan, place lentils, stock, remaining 1 teaspoon paprika and cumin over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add water if you need more liquid. Add kale and cook till soft.
3 Serve meatballs with spiced lentils and yoghurt, garnished with parsley and lemon zest if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and ground spices are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us