Lemon fish with summer green mashReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 150g white fish fillets
- 1 ½ teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 900g baby potatoes
- 200g asparagus
- 1 ½ cups peas
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, plus extra, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. On a baking-paper lined baking tray, place fish fillets. Sprinkle with capers and half of the lemon zest and juice. Season with black pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Set aside.
- In a large pot of lightly salted water, place potatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until tender. Place fish in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add asparagus and peas to potato pot, and cook for a final 3 minutes. Drain vegetables.
- In a food processor, process potatoes, peas and remaining oil until smooth. Stir in parmesan, mint and remaining lemon zest and juice. Taste and add more pepper if you like.
- To serve, divide vege mash, fish and asparagus among 4 plates and garnish with extra mint and lemon wedges, if you like.
You can vary the summer mash with different green vegetables, such as broccolini.
Make it low FODMAP: Use chopped green beans instead of peas, and replace asparagus with 1 cup broccoli florets.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information