Lentil and vege penne
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup penne
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 x 400g can lentils in spring water, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup passata or tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- black pepper
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 18g
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium-high. Add carrot, garlic, spring onion and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach, lentils, passata and chilli flakes. Add ½ cup water. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Add pasta to pan along with a little of the pasta water. Stir to combine.
- Serve garnished with parmesan and black pepper then drizzled with remaining olive oil.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free penne and check passata or tomato purée are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us