Miso and corn soup with ramen noodles
- 4 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 3 fresh corn sweetcornXcobs, kernels removed
- 90g dried ramen or flat rice noodles, broken
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced or shredded
- soy sauce and sesame oil, to serve
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Combine stock, 2 cups of water and miso paste in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring often, for 4–5 minutes, or until leek is soft and tender.
2 Add corn kernels and bring mixture to a simmer. Add broken noodles and simmer for 2–3 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Stir through spinach, to wilt.
3 Divide soup between four serving bowls. Top with the shallots and serve with soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil. Scatter with sesame seeds, if using.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.9g
–Saturated fat 1.4g
Dietary fibre 11.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
One comment on Miso and corn soup with ramen noodles
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.