Miso and corn soup with ramen noodles
- 4 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 3 fresh corn sweetcornXcobs, kernels removed
- 90g dried ramen or flat rice noodles, broken
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced or shredded
- soy sauce and sesame oil, to serve
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve (optional)
1 Combine stock, 2 cups of water and miso paste in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring often, for 4–5 minutes, or until leek is soft and tender.
2 Add corn kernels and bring mixture to a simmer. Add broken noodles and simmer for 2–3 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Stir through spinach, to wilt.
3 Divide soup between four serving bowls. Top with the shallots and serve with soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil. Scatter with sesame seeds, if using.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.9g
–Saturated fat 1.4g
Dietary fibre 11.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information