Malaysian prawn and sweet potato curry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Malaysian curry paste
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 200ml light coconut milk
- ²⁄³ cup reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g peeled, deveined prawns, tails intact
- 250g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 250g steamed cauliflower rice, to serve
- lime wedges and fresh coriandercilantroX, to serve
1 Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2 Add coconut milk, stock and sweet potato and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until potato is just tender. Add prawns and beans and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until beans are tender and prawns are just cooked through.
3 Serve the Malaysian curry on steamed cauliflower rice, with lime wedges and sprinkled with coriander leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.5g
–Saturated fat 5.5g
Dietary fibre 9.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.