Maple-soy beef with udon noodles and vegetables
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g beef fillet, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 400g packet udon noodles
- 500g fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetable mix
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Combine beef slices, maple syrup, soy sauce and ginger in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, cook udon noodles following packet directions. Set aside.
3 Spray a wok or large, deep frying pan with oil. Set over a high heat. Add beef to wok and stir-fry, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned all over and cooked to your liking. Set aside.
4 Add vegetable mix to wok.Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until tender. Add reserved beef, cooked noodles, oyster sauce and shallots to wok with 1 tablespoon water. Toss.
5 Divide stir-fry among serving plates, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- For a less expensive meat alternative, try beef stir-fry strips or trimmed rump steak.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and rice noodles instead of udon noodles. Check oyster sauce is gluten free.