Mexican beef and capsicum with rainbow rice
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup brown rice
- oil spray
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- ¼ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, defrosted
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, sliced
- 350g lean beef steak, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to garnish (optional)
- In a pot add rice and 2 cups water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add carrot and courgette and stir-fry until tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn and heat through. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Spray same pan with oil and return to a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum and stir-fry, cooking until veges are tender, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Add sliced steak and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of the Mexican seasoning. Cook 2-3 minutes, until tomatoes are softened.
- Add remaining Mexican seasoning and carrot and courgette mixture to rice. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve steak mix with rice, garnished with coriander and yoghurt, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us