Mexican scrambled egg tortilla with salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup each sliced green cabbage, sliced red cabbage, sliced silver beet
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons corn sweetcornXkernels
- Salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid honey
- Mexican scrambled eggs
- oil spray
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup trim milk
- 1/4 cup edam cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 wholemeal tortillas
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 To make salad, wash leafy salad vegetables and place with celery in a large bowl. Add corn.
2 To make salad dressing, whisk salad dressing ingredients together and add to salad at the last minute.
3 To make Mexican scrambled eggs, spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Add onion, capsicum and garlic and fry until soft.
4 Add tomatoes and chilli powder. Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced a little. Remove from pan.
5 In a bowl mix together eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture in frying pan and mix gently as it cooks — for about 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and add tomato mixture.
6 Heat tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds. Divide scrambled eggs between tortillas, roll up and cut in half. Serve with salad.
NZ Nutrition Foundation schools competition: recipe from winners of ‘I Love Eggs – Make Eggs the Hero’ category, Bailey Day and Hayden Collier of New Plymouth Boys’ High
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us