Mixed nut and cherry muesli
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups (320g) rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ⅓ cup (50g) seeds (mix of sunflower, pumpkin etc)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrupmaple syrup corn syrupX
- ⅓ cup (80ml) apple juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup (75g) toasted hazelnuts
- ½ cup (50g) toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (110g) dried apricots, chopped
- ⅓ cup (60g) dried cherries
- ½ cup (80g) sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ⅓ cup (55g) sweetened dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup (50g) dried pears, chopped
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
2 In a large bowl, combine the oats and seed mix. Place golden syrup in a small microwave-proof bowl and heat on defrost setting for about 10 seconds to soften/liquefy it. Pour the golden syrup, apple juice concentrate and vanilla essence into the oat mixture and combine, using your hands to rub in evenly.
3 Place the oat mixture on trays and spread out evenly. Cook for 10 minutes, stir the mixture and swap trays. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until oats are lightly toasted. Cool oats on tray.
4 In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.
If you can’t find a seed mix, use 1/3 cup sunflower seeds.
Buy nuts that are already toasted to save time.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.