Mixed nut and cherry muesli
- 4 cups (320g) rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ⅓ cup (50g) seeds (mix of sunflower, pumpkin etc)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrupmaple syrup corn syrupX
- ⅓ cup (80ml) apple juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup (75g) toasted hazelnuts
- ½ cup (50g) toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (110g) dried apricots, chopped
- ⅓ cup (60g) dried cherries
- ½ cup (80g) sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ⅓ cup (55g) sweetened dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup (50g) dried pears, chopped
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
2 In a large bowl, combine the oats and seed mix. Place golden syrup in a small microwave-proof bowl and heat on defrost setting for about 10 seconds to soften/liquefy it. Pour the golden syrup, apple juice concentrate and vanilla essence into the oat mixture and combine, using your hands to rub in evenly.
3 Place the oat mixture on trays and spread out evenly. Cook for 10 minutes, stir the mixture and swap trays. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until oats are lightly toasted. Cool oats on tray.
4 In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts and dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.
If you can’t find a seed mix, use 1/3 cup sunflower seeds.
Buy nuts that are already toasted to save time.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Oats, rolled oats recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.