Moroccan quinoa and vegetable soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 1 large head (or 2 small) broccoli, cut in florets
- 390g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 16g
1 Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and carrots. Cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Stir in seasoning. Cook for 1 minute. Add stock, water, and quinoa. Bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
2 Add courgettes, broccoli and chickpeas. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning, stock and yoghurt are gluten free.
Quinoa is a gluten-free, low-GI grain that is high in protein and fibre. Use as a substitute for couscous in other meals. Available from the health food section of supermarkets and health food stores.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)