Muffin tin tacos
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 soft tortillas or wraps
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 200g beef mince
- 410g can Mexican-style red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup grated Edam cheese
- Crunchy salad
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat tortillas together in microwave for 30 seconds. With a cookie cutter (8—10cm diameter) cut 2 circles from each tortilla. Press each into a non-stick muffin tin cup (don’t worry if the edges poke out).
2 Heat oil and stir-fry mince until brown. Add beans and heat through. Divide mince and bean mix between 12 muffin tacos. Sprinkle with cheese.
3 Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
4 Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. Serve with tacos.
- For softer tacos, grill for 10 minutes instead of baking.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas or wraps and check Mexican-style beans are gluten free.
- Instead of mince, and for a different taste, try adding a drained can of tuna — fry it until it starts turning crisp and brown.
- For a non-meat option, omit mince from filling and add a can of unflavoured cannellini beans — heat through with the beans.
Keep the offcuts from the tortillas. Cut into strips, spray with oil and place in the cooling oven once tacos come out. They turn into tortilla chips, for serving with salsa or guacamole.
Other ideas for taco sides:
- Fruit salad: 2 cups frozen mango (keep frozen to cool spices in tacos) and canned peach slices.
- Zingy corn: 1 grilled corn cob with a squeeze of lime, for each person.
- Creamy, crunchy yoghurt: 2 cups thick natural yoghurt (or cottage cheese), 2 thinly sliced capsicums, 2 thinly sliced radishes, fresh coriander leaves (optional)
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)