Open chicken burger with spicy tomato salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g lean chicken breast mince
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 1 small courgette, finely grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, toasted
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 grainy bread rolls, halved, toasted
- 1/2 small avocado, mashed
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Combine chicken mince, parsley, lemon zest, carrot and courgette in a large bowl. Season with cracked black pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined and shape into 4 patties.
2 Meanwhile, combine cherry tomatoes, chilli, vinegar and sunflower kernels with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a small bowl to make salsa. Season with cracked black pepper; set aside.
3 Heat remaining olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken patties for 4–5 minutes, each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
4 Spread bread roll halves with avocado. Top each half with cucumber ribbons, baby rocket and a chicken patty. Serve topped with the tomato salsa.
Make it gluten free: Use Vogel’s gluten-free gourmet buns, 6 seed.