Peach and raspberry pikelets
- 1 quantity Basic pikelets
- 125g diced peaches in natural juice, drained
- ½ cup frozen raspberries, roughly chopped
- extra raspberries (optional), to serve
- dollop low-fat fruit yoghurt (optional), to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Sift flours and baking soda into a medium mixing bowl. Add buttermilk to mixture with egg and stir until batter forms. Stir peaches and raspberries into batter.
2 Brush or spray a medium heavy-based, non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Drop tablespoons of batter into pan 2-3cm apart and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until small bubbles appear on pikelets’ surface. Flip pikelets and cook for 1 more minute, or until lightly golden.
3 Repeat cooking process with remaining batter, transferring cooked pikelets to a plate (keep them warm in a low-temperature oven).
4 Top pikelets with extra raspberries and yoghurt (if using) and serve.
- Make it dairy free: Follow Dairy-free basic pikelets recipe, and omit yoghurt.
- Make it gluten free: Follow Gluten-free basic pikelets recipe and check yoghurt (if using) is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.