Mother’s Day muesli
- 1 banana
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1 Peel then cut banana in thin slices. Place slices in a small serving bowl. Pour yoghurt into another small serving bowl.
2 Mix together oats, cranberries, nuts, seeds and coconut. Pour this mixture into a breakfast bowl.
3 Arrange the three bowls on a tray with some fresh flowers. Don’t forget the spoon! Serve in bed.
Click here for some more great Mother's Day gift ideas!
- For some extra kick, sprinkle muesli with a pinch of dried cardamom or a pinch of dried ginger.
- Instead of cranberries, you can use sultanas, chopped dates or defrosted blueberries.
- As an extra treat, add 1 teaspoon honey.
- Because bananas are soft, use a butter knife or the edge of a fork to slice the banana.
- When choosing which seeds to add, sesame, sunflower, flax or poppy seeds are all good choices.
- Nuts and seeds are rich in oils, so a little goes a long way. Very nutty muesli may be super tasty, but it’s hard on the tummy.
- The muesli will be softer if you soak the oats overnight in 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup apple juice, but it won’t look as flash as unsoaked muesli.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like