Mother’s Day muesli
(at time of publication)
- 1 banana
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1 Peel then cut banana in thin slices. Place slices in a small serving bowl. Pour yoghurt into another small serving bowl.
2 Mix together oats, cranberries, nuts, seeds and coconut. Pour this mixture into a breakfast bowl.
3 Arrange the three bowls on a tray with some fresh flowers. Don’t forget the spoon! Serve in bed.
Click here for some more great Mother's Day gift ideas!
- For some extra kick, sprinkle muesli with a pinch of dried cardamom or a pinch of dried ginger.
- Instead of cranberries, you can use sultanas, chopped dates or defrosted blueberries.
- As an extra treat, add 1 teaspoon honey.
- Because bananas are soft, use a butter knife or the edge of a fork to slice the banana.
- When choosing which seeds to add, sesame, sunflower, flax or poppy seeds are all good choices.
- Nuts and seeds are rich in oils, so a little goes a long way. Very nutty muesli may be super tasty, but it’s hard on the tummy.
- The muesli will be softer if you soak the oats overnight in 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup apple juice, but it won’t look as flash as unsoaked muesli.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.