Peppered lamb with braised autumn veges
- 12 trimmed lamb cutlets or 440g lamb leg steaks
- 4 kumarasweet-potatoX, cut in thick rounds
- 2 baby fennel, trimmed, quartered lengthways
- 420g can chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1 bunch silver beet, white stems trimmed, sliced roughly
1 Sprinkle lamb cutlets with freshly ground black pepper. Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a heatproof plate, cover with foil to rest and keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, spray a separate deep, non-stick frying pan lightly with oil and place over high heat. Add kumara and fennel. Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
3 Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until veges are just tender. Add silver beet, cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until just wilted.
4 Serve lamb cutlets with the braised vegetables.
- You can use trim lamb leg steaks instead of cutlets, if desired.
- Try using any variety of flavoured canned tomatoes.
- Make it gluten free: Check flavoured canned tomatoes are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like