Peppered lamb with braised autumn veges
(at time of publication)
- 12 trimmed lamb cutlets or 440g lamb leg steaks
- 4 kumarasweet-potatoX, cut in thick rounds
- 2 baby fennel, trimmed, quartered lengthways
- 420g can chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 1 bunch silver beet, white stems trimmed, sliced roughly
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Sprinkle lamb cutlets with freshly ground black pepper. Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a heatproof plate, cover with foil to rest and keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, spray a separate deep, non-stick frying pan lightly with oil and place over high heat. Add kumara and fennel. Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
3 Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until veges are just tender. Add silver beet, cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until just wilted.
4 Serve lamb cutlets with the braised vegetables.
- You can use trim lamb leg steaks instead of cutlets, if desired.
- Try using any variety of flavoured canned tomatoes.
- Make it gluten free: Check flavoured canned tomatoes are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.