- ⅔ cup quick-cook polenta
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup Natvia sweetener
- 1 tablespoon ground chia or flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon each ground mixed spice, ground ginger and cocoa
- zest and juice 1 medium orange
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or soya milk
- For the topping
- 100g pomegranate seeds (or the amount from 1 pomegranate)
- ½ cup icingfrostingX sugar
- 1 cup dairy-free yoghurt
1 Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 21cm long x 11cm wide loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
2 Mix all the cake ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth. Spoon into the prepared tin, smoothing the surface. Bake for 30–35 min until golden and springy to the touch.
3 In a small bowl crush half the pomegranate seeds with 2 tablespoons of the icing sugar, then press through a sieve into another bowl to collect the juice. Spoon the juice over the hot cake and leave to cool completely.
4 Once the cake is cool, mix the remaining icing sugar with a little hot water (¼ teaspoon at a time) until runny enough to drizzle.
5 Drizzle the icing over the cake and scatter with a few of the remaining pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle the remainder over the yoghurt and serve alongside.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.