Pork skewers with fresh pineapple and chilli salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- ½ cup brown rice
- ¾ cup corn sweetcornXkernels (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- wooden or metal skewers (if wooden, soak in water for 10 minutes or more)
- 200g pork steak, cut in 3cm cubes spray oil
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Prepare rice following packet instructions. Add corn and coriander to cooked rice and stir through.
2 In a bowl, combine pineapple, capsicum, vinegar and chilli. Set aside. In another bowl, combine rocket and tomatoes. Set aside.
3 Thread pork pieces on to skewers and spray with oil. Heat a frying pan or barbecue grill to medium-high. Cook pork, turning, for 4-5 minutes, until just cooked through. Be careful not to over-cook, as pork is better when still pink inside (see tips).
4 Serve pork on rice, with salad and salsa on the side.
Make it vegan: Replace pork with cubes of Fry’s Golden Crumbed Schnitzels. If necessary, thaw very slightly to cut.
If you are using wild pork, there is a risk of trichinosis, so pork should be thoroughly cooked.
This salsa is great with cold meats such as ham, chicken and steak.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.