Quick green vege pilaf
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3/4 cup cooked black or brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped spinach or silver beet leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- black pepper, to serve
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, to serve
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, to serve
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Heat a pan over a medium heat. Add rice, vegetables and stock to pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed and veges are tender.
2 Serve pilaf seasoned with black pepper and sprinkled with parmesan and olive oil.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use vegan cheese and check stock is vegan (we use Massel stock).
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us