Quick lemon-roasted fish with tomato and olive salad
- 4 (around 560g) firm white fish fillets, eg. hoki
- 2 lemons
- black pepper, to season
- 4 small wholemeal pita breads
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 red capsicum, cut in chunks
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped in chunks
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped (keep pieces big)
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup plain low-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place fish fillets in a baking dish lined with baking paper. Cut one lemon into thin slices, and top each fish fillet with overlapping slices of lemon. Season with black pepper. Place in the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
2 Meanwhile, make the salad. Toast the pita breads and tear into rough chunks. In a dry pan over high heat, toast pumpkin seeds for 2 minutes, or until they start to pop.
3 Combine capsicum, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and basil in a large bowl, with the juice of the remaining lemon. Add pita bread chunks and roughly combine. Divide salad between 4 plates, top with fish. Drizzle with olive oil and yoghurt and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds. Garnish with fresh basil.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten free bread and check Greek-style yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.