Quinoa and courgette fritters with dill tzatziki
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 50g crumbled feta
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 3 tablespoons tamari almonds, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets, to serve
- 4-6 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
- Squeeze excess moisture from courgettes using a paper towel. In a bowl, combine courgettes, feta, spring onions, quinoa flakes, almonds and eggs. Mix well.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Drop quarter-cupfuls of courgette mixture into the pan. Flatten each slightly. Cook fritters for 2–3 minutes each side, or until lightly golden and cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine tzatziki and dill.
- Serve fritters with pita, salad leaves and dill tzatziki.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita or wraps and plain roasted almonds, and check tzatziki is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us