Salmon and Asian sesame slaw with brown rice and quinoa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 475g bag Japanese slaw mix or coleslaw
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into very fine sticks
- 1 /2 cups frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons Best Foods Lite Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 600g fresh boneless salmon fillets
- 6 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 pouches SunRice Rice & Quinoa steamed rice
Total fat 32g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 In a large bowl place the slaw mix, capsicum, carrot and edamame beans.
2 Using a fork, mix the mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons boiling water until smooth, mix through the slaw and set aside.
3 Heat a small frying pan and dry toast the sesame seeds over a medium heat until light brown (take care so they don’t burn). Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the coleslaw.
4 Coat each salmon fillet with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
5 Heat a large non-stick pan and place the salmon in, flesh side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then turn over to the skin side. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
6 Heat the rice and quinoa mix according to the packet directions and serve with salmon and the Asian sesame slaw. Garnish with parsley and coriander.
- Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce and mayonnaise are gluten free.
- You can use 2 teaspoons miso paste in place of soy sauce and spread it over the fillets.