Salmon and Asian sesame slaw with brown rice and quinoa
- 475g bag Japanese slaw mix or coleslaw
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into very fine sticks
- 1 /2 cups frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons Best Foods Lite Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 600g fresh boneless salmon fillets
- 6 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 pouches SunRice Rice & Quinoa steamed rice
1 In a large bowl place the slaw mix, capsicum, carrot and edamame beans.
2 Using a fork, mix the mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons boiling water until smooth, mix through the slaw and set aside.
3 Heat a small frying pan and dry toast the sesame seeds over a medium heat until light brown (take care so they don’t burn). Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the coleslaw.
4 Coat each salmon fillet with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
5 Heat a large non-stick pan and place the salmon in, flesh side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then turn over to the skin side. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
6 Heat the rice and quinoa mix according to the packet directions and serve with salmon and the Asian sesame slaw. Garnish with parsley and coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 32g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce and mayonnaise are gluten free.
- You can use 2 teaspoons miso paste in place of soy sauce and spread it over the fillets.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us