(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 300g skinless salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups hot cooked quinoa
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Combine parsley, coriander, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin seeds and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add salmon, turn to coat then cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
2 Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and carrots and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until carrot is cooked.
3 Stir through cannellini beans. Place salmon on top of mixture.
4 Cover again and cook for 10 minutes or until salmon is just cooked. Flake salmon with a fork. Sprinkle with extra coriander then serve with quinoa and lemon wedges.
To cook quinoa in a rice cooker, use 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water to make 3 cups quinoa.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us