BBQ vegetable basic mixReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, sliced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded
- 2 yellow capsicums, halved, deseeded
- olive spray oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
1 Spray all vegetables evenly with oil spray. Cook on a preheated barbecue until lightly charred on both sides.
2 Remove from barbecue and place capsicums in a bag. Seal bag to allow steam to loosen capsicum skins and once cool, remove capsicum skins.
3 Once all vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut veges into bite-sized chunks and mix together. Add garlic, oil and vinegar. Season with pepper.
4 Chill in a sealed container. Serve sprinkled with basil.
Serve as a vegetable accompaniment to any meal, or use to make one of the following recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information