BBQ vegetable basic mix
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, sliced
- 2 courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, halved
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded
- 2 yellow capsicums, halved, deseeded
- olive spray oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
1 Spray all vegetables evenly with oil spray. Cook on a preheated barbecue until lightly charred on both sides.
2 Remove from barbecue and place capsicums in a bag. Seal bag to allow steam to loosen capsicum skins and once cool, remove capsicum skins.
3 Once all vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut veges into bite-sized chunks and mix together. Add garlic, oil and vinegar. Season with pepper.
4 Chill in a sealed container. Serve sprinkled with basil.
Serve as a vegetable accompaniment to any meal, or use to make one of the following recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like