Sausage, tomato and capsicum pasta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1kg dried pasta such as penne
- 6 good quality sausages (Italian pork flavour is nice)
- olive oil spray
- 2 red capsicums, sliced thinly
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 cups rocketarugulaX or baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain, reserving half a cup of pasta water. Spray with a little oil and set aside.
2 Chop sausages in bite-sized pieces. Heat a large pan and spray with oil. Add sausages and stir-fry until browned and cooked through. Add capsicum and cook for 5 more minutes.
3 Add cherry tomatoes and stir-fry another 5 minutes, then add pasta, rocket, lemon juice, zest and sour cream. Stir well to combine, adding some pasta water to make a sauce.
4 Garnish with parsley and parmesan and serve with a green salad.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us