Sautéed sprouts and mushrooms with poached eggReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 thin slice prosciutto, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 slice wholegrain toast, to serve
1 Heat olive oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook Brussels sprouts and mushrooms for 4–5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, chilli flakes and prosciutto; stir until fragrant.
2 Meanwhile pour water into a small saucepan until two-thirds full; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Break egg into a small jug or onto a saucer. Stir water in pan to form a whirlpool and drop egg gently into centre; cook, without stirring, for 3–4 minutes, or until done to your liking. Transfer egg to a plate with a slotted spoon.
3 Place toast on a serving plate and top with sautéed sprouts and mushrooms, and then with egg; season with cracked black pepper and serve.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check prosciutto is gluten free.
- Following a vegetarian or low-sodium diet? Leave out the prosciutto
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information