Spicy vegetarian noodles
(at time of publication)
- ½ teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce, e.g. Sriracha
- 2-3 slices dried mushrooms, e.g. shiitake or porcini (optional)
- ½ carrot, julienned
- ¾ cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 100g firm tofu, cubed
- 87g (½ packet) fresh wholegrain noodles (we used Trident)
- To garnish
- 1 tablespoon sliced spring onion
- fresh chilli, sliced
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Layer all soup ingredients in a 750ml capacity or larger jar in the order listed. Keepgarnishes in a separate container.
2 When ready to eat, open the jar, fill with boiling water and close and seal the lid. Leave to soak for 2 minutes.
3 Open the jar, stir noodles well and tip into a bowl if desired. Top with spring onions and chilli.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check stock, chilli sauce and tofu are gluten free.
- Use ‘shelf-fresh’ noodles, which are precooked and just need to be heated by pouring over boiling water. Break up with a fork before adding to the jar.
- You could also use noodles from instant noodle packs, but check the labels on these — some contain palm oil, which makes them high in saturated fat.
- Or use noodles you’ve precooked. Run them under cold water before packing in the jar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.