Tofu and quinoa stir-fryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin, cut in 2cm cubes
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger or ginger purée
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 600g pack firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
1 Heat oven to 180°C. In a baking dish, toss pumpkin and carrot in 1 tablespoon oil and bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
2 In a pot, gently fry the onion, ginger, garlic and honey in the remaining oil for 5 minutes or until soft. Crumble the tofu into the pot and stir for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle the turmeric on top and stir in.
3 Add quinoa, pumpkin, carrot and remaining ingredients.
4 Stir well and cook for around 5 minutes until everything is heated through, but not overcooked.
This meal tastes amazing served with hummus!
- Make it gluten free: Check turmeric and tofu are gluten free.
- Use date purée instead of honey if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information