Smoky beef and slaw nachos bowlReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 corn sweetcornXtortillas, cut in triangles
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 x 250g lean rump steaks, fat trimmed
- ¼ medium white cabbage, trimmed, shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped coriandercilantroX leaves
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- lime wedges, to serve (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place tortilla triangles on a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray with olive oil. Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until golden and crisp, turning halfway through cooking time.
2 Meanwhile, combine paprika, cumin and sugar. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of steaks and spray lightly with olive oil. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Grill steaks for 2–3 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
3 Combine cabbage, carrot, coriander and yoghurt in a large bowl. Divide slaw between serving bowls. Top each with tortilla crisps, beef, tomatoes and a dollop of avocado. Add a lime wedge (if using).
Make it low FODMAP: Reduce to 1/2 medium ripe avocado.
Make it gluten free: Check tortillas and ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information