Smoky beef and slaw nachos bowl
(at time of publication)
- 4 corn sweetcornXtortillas, cut in triangles
- spray oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 x 250g lean rump steaks, fat trimmed
- ¼ medium white cabbage, trimmed, shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped coriandercilantroX leaves
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- lime wedges, to serve (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place tortilla triangles on a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray with olive oil. Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until golden and crisp, turning halfway through cooking time.
2 Meanwhile, combine paprika, cumin and sugar. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of steaks and spray lightly with olive oil. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Grill steaks for 2–3 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
3 Combine cabbage, carrot, coriander and yoghurt in a large bowl. Divide slaw between serving bowls. Top each with tortilla crisps, beef, tomatoes and a dollop of avocado. Add a lime wedge (if using).
Make it low FODMAP: Reduce to 1/2 medium ripe avocado.
Make it gluten free: Check tortillas and ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.