Smoky chilli con carne with guacamole
- 1 cup SunRice Rice & Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 400g rump steak, excess fat removed, thinly sliced
- spray oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX
- 400g can Mexican style chopped tomatoes
- 420g can Mexican spiced baked beans
- 1 teaspoon hot ground chilli powder
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon coriandercilantroX paste
- splash of lemon juice
1 Cook rice and quinoa blend following packet directions.
2 To make smoky chilli, in a small bowl combine paprika and beef. Mix until coated well.
3 Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray, add all vegetables and stir-fry until softened. Add steak until browned then add tomatoes, beans and chilli. Bring to a simmer.
4 Combine guacamole ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
5 Divide rice and quinoa among 4 bowls, top with smoky chilli, guacamole and fresh coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check ground paprika flavoured tomatoes, flavoured beans and ground chilli powder are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like