Grilled fish with chilli-lime corn and asparagus
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 small red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 corn sweetcornXcobs, husks and silks removed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 spring onions, white part only, finely chopped
- spray oil
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 baby cos, trimmed, cut into long wedges
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
- In a bowl, combine lime zest, half of the chilli and 3 teaspoons of the olive oil. Brush lime mixture over corn cobs. Wrap each cob in a 30cm-piece of foil.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, mirin, spring onions and remaining chilli and olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue or large chargrill pan over medium-high. Cook corn, turning, for 8–10 minutes, or until lightly charred and tender. Set aside.
- Spray fish and asparagus with oil. Cook fish for 2–3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Gently fry asparagus, turning, for 2–3 minutes, or until spears are lightly charred and just tender.
- Divide fish, asparagus, corn and cos wedges among 4 plates. Drizzle with the reserved chilli-lime dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check mirin is gluten free.
How we made it healthier
- Swapped meat for fish: Barbecued fish is a delicious option that’s lower in saturated fat than fatty steak and sausages. Opt for firm fillets, such as ling, salmon or snapper.
- Add a rainbow of veg: Salad is great but there are more ways to get your veg than through leaves. Make veges the star by grilling them until lightly charred and tender. Corn on the cob is always a crowd pleaser.
- Get creative with salt-free flavour: Chilli and lime add a big punch of flavour without the salt, saturated fat and sugar that is hiding in store-bought condiments, such as tomato sauce and mayonnaise.
Also see our Barbecue special: Sizzling swaps feature for exciting ideas to sizzle your way to a healthy, balanced barbecue meal this summer.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
This recipe can be used as part of the Kick-start Plan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.