Spaghetti with chicken, feta, courgettes and mint
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 320g spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways
- oil spray
- 300g skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 3 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, coarsely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Cook spaghetti following packet directions, adding peas and asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to saucepan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
3 Return pan to heat. Add courgettes and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until lightly golden. Add lemon zest and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4 Add chicken, courgette mixture, mint and pine nuts to pasta. Toss until ingredients are well combined. Garnish with feta before serving.
Other delicious ways to enjoy asparagus
Make the most of this in-season favourite with these quick tips:
- Steam/microwave until just tender. Lay on a plate and top with a softly poached egg, grated parmesan and a grind of black pepper.
- Toss in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Cook under a hot grill until caramelised (about 10 minutes). Serve with steak or grilled chicken.
- Try asparagus spears dunked into soft-boiled eggs.
- Make a salad from scallops, cooked potatoes, rocket and blanched asparagus. Dress with a lemony vinaigrette.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us