Chicken and chia lettuce cupsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 500g chicken breast, chopped in 2cm pieces
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 limes (juice of 1, the other cut in wedges)
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 carrots, grated or julienned
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the chicken and cook until the juices run clear. Add the chickpeas, chia seeds, chilli sauce and juice of 1 lime. Toss well and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
2 To assemble, spoon equal amounts of the chicken mix into each lettuce leaf and top with carrot, capsicum and crushed peanuts. Serve with more fresh lime and coriander.
- Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
- Make it low FODMAP: Omit garlic and onion and use garlic-infused oil and green spring onion tips instead. Reduce the canned chickpeas down to 1 cup (rinsed and drained well). Use a sweet chilli sauce that doesn’t contain garlic.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information