Chicken and chia lettuce cups
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 500g chicken breast, chopped in 2cm pieces
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 limes (juice of 1, the other cut in wedges)
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 carrots, grated or julienned
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the chicken and cook until the juices run clear. Add the chickpeas, chia seeds, chilli sauce and juice of 1 lime. Toss well and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
2 To assemble, spoon equal amounts of the chicken mix into each lettuce leaf and top with carrot, capsicum and crushed peanuts. Serve with more fresh lime and coriander.
- Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
- Make it low FODMAP: Omit garlic and onion and use garlic-infused oil and green spring onion tips instead. Reduce the canned chickpeas down to 1 cup (rinsed and drained well). Use a sweet chilli sauce that doesn’t contain garlic.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.