Turkish mince and tabbouleh
- Turkish mince
- 500g lean lamb or beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- spray oil
- 1–1 ½ teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup couscous
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped or ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g Turkish bread, cubed, to serve
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook mince until evenly browned. Drain off any water using a sieve. Add onion and garlic with a little oil spray. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Stir in coriander, tomatoes and of water. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare tabbouleh. In a bowl combine couscous and boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and add remaining ingredients. Mix well and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle bread over mince and serve with tabbouleh on the side. Garnish with mint.
You can replace the couscous with bulgar wheat.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and couscous and check ground coriander is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like