Salmon tortillas with creamy avocado salsa
(at time of publication)
- 160g salmon fillet (from tail end)
- 1 large carrot, grated or julienned
- 1 green or red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 courgette, grated or julienned
- 1 small cucumber, skin and seeds removed and diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- zest and juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 4 small corn sweetcornXtortillas (we used Tio Pablo Chicas)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin
- seeds, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons chipotle or chilli sauce, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper and place salmon on top. Bake salmon for 10-15 minutes, until just cooked. Remove from oven to cool.
- While salmon is cooking, in a bowl combine carrot, capsicum, radish and courgette to make a slaw. In another bowl, gently combine cucumber, avocado, yoghurt and lime zest and juice.
- Heat tortillas according to packet instructions. Flake salmon into large chunks.
- Serve tortillas topped with salmon, slaw and avocado salsa. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and chipotle, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check sauce is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Reduce avocado serve to one eighth, use lactose-free yoghurt and sauce without onion or garlic.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 36g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.