Garlic and mustard steaksReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 125-150g sirloin beef steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or tarragon
1 Place steaks in a non-metallic dish with garlic, oil, vinegar, mustard and herbs. Toss to coat evenly. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
2 Cook steaks over a high heat until cooked to your preference. Turn once.
3 Remove from heat. Rest for a few minutes before serving.
Green salad and slices of flatbread
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free mustard.
Steak cooking times
- Rare: 2 minutes each side
- Medium-rare: 3 minutes each side
- Medium-done: 4 minutes each side
- Well-done: 5 minutes each side
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information