Spiced chicken and pumpkin pilaf
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup 1cm-diced pumpkin
- 1 carrot, 1cm diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 cup (140g) cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves or chopped silver beet
- zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra, to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- black pepper, to taste
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin, carrot and spices. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add stock, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until rice is tender. Add chicken and spinach in the last 5 minutes of cooking, to heat through.
- Stir through lime zest and juice and parsley. Season with black pepper and extra lime zest and parsley to taste.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and stock are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)