Spicy chicken with chickpeas
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 skinless chicken breasts (600g), diced
- 1 tablespoon curry or chilli powder
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 cups chicken stock (make with 3 teaspoons stock powder)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons sultanasgolden raisinsX
1 Heat oil in a non-stick casserole dish or large pan and cook onion until softened. Add chicken, curry or chilli powder, chickpeas and chutney. Cook over a high heat until chicken has lost its pink colour.
2 Add carrots, mushrooms, mixed herbs, stock, tomatoes, sugar, flour and paste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat then cover and simmer for 35 minutes. Add sultanas and season to taste. Serve with rice and garnish with fresh coriander.
(Note: Picture shows Simple chicken casserole base recipe)
The base of this recipe is Simple chicken casserole which, with only a few simple tweaks, can also be transformed into these delicious meals:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.