Lentil, tomato and ginger curry soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ leek, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup liquid vegetable stock
- 10cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- black pepper, to garnish (optional)
- fresh red chilli, to garnish (optional)
- fresh herbs, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 In a pot, heat olive oil over medium. Add leek, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes until leek is soft, add curry powder and cook, stirring, for a further minute.
2 Add lentils, tomatoes, stock, ginger and chilli, plus 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 10-15 minutes, until lentils are soft. add more water if needed. Stir through spinach leaves. Serve with yoghurt, garnished with pepper, chilli and fresh herbs (if using).
Make it gluten free: Check stock and curry powder are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)