Lentil, tomato and ginger curry soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ leek, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup liquid vegetable stock
- 10cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- black pepper, to garnish (optional)
- fresh red chilli, to garnish (optional)
- fresh herbs, to garnish (optional)
1 In a pot, heat olive oil over medium. Add leek, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes until leek is soft, add curry powder and cook, stirring, for a further minute.
2 Add lentils, tomatoes, stock, ginger and chilli, plus 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 10-15 minutes, until lentils are soft. add more water if needed. Stir through spinach leaves. Serve with yoghurt, garnished with pepper, chilli and fresh herbs (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14g
Make it gluten free: Check stock and curry powder are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us