Stir-fried curried rice with soft-boiled eggs
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g (1 1/4 cups) brown rice
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 1/2 cups halved mushrooms
- 4 eggs, soft-boiled
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups finely chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup crushed unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- To serve
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/3 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- pinch paprika
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Cook rice in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
2 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add ginger, chilli, garlic and spring onions. Cook for 3—4 minutes until softened. Add curry powder; cook for a further minute.
2 Add rice with stock and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Soft-boil eggs (see Back to basics: Eggs), then run under cold water. Set aside.
3 Stir remaining veges into rice with peanuts and coriander. Heat through and season to taste. Spoon rice between serving bowls. Shell and halve eggs.
4 Add eggs to rice with a spoonful of yoghurt, coriander and a sprinkle of paprika.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika, curry powder and stock are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us