Fruity rice salad with grilled mustard chicken
Last updated date: 27 July 2021
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup brown rice
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, blanched
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons mustard
- ½ teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 300g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- spray oil
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Preheat grill or barbecue to high. Cook brown rice following packet instructions. Cool (see tips).
2 In a large bowl, place cooked, cooled rice, spring onions, ginger, sultanas, apricots, rocket, celery and broccoli. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, balsamic, oil, ½ teaspoon of the mustard and the soy sauce. Add dressing to salad and toss to coat.
3 Spread remaining mustard over chicken and spray with oil. Grill chicken for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside to rest then slice into thick slices.
4 Serve chicken on fruity rice salad, garnished with coriander.
Make it vegan: Replace chicken with vegan alternative.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard and soy sauce are gluten free.
You can cook rice ahead of time or use leftovers from another meal or a microwavable pouch.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.