Fruity rice salad with grilled mustard chicken
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- ½ cup brown rice
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, blanched
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons mustard
- ½ teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 300g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- spray oil
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat grill or barbecue to high. Cook brown rice following packet instructions. Cool (see tips).
2 In a large bowl, place cooked, cooled rice, spring onions, ginger, sultanas, apricots, rocket, celery and broccoli. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, balsamic, oil, ½ teaspoon of the mustard and the soy sauce. Add dressing to salad and toss to coat.
3 Spread remaining mustard over chicken and spray with oil. Grill chicken for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside to rest then slice into thick slices.
4 Serve chicken on fruity rice salad, garnished with coriander.
Make it vegan: Replace chicken with vegan alternative.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard and soy sauce are gluten free.
You can cook rice ahead of time or use leftovers from another meal or a microwavable pouch.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.