Tandoori chicken and vegetable stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 500g chicken breast fillets, sliced in strips
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- oil spray
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint, plus extra, to serve
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups steamed basmati rice
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Combine tandoori paste and 2 tablespoons of the yoghurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and mushrooms. Stir to combine.
2 Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with oil then add half the chicken mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until golden and cooked. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Respray with oil and add the remaining chicken mixture. Return all chicken mixture to pan and add peas. Heat through.
3 Meanwhile, combine chopped mint and the remaining yoghurt in a small bowl. Combine cucumber, onion and tomatoes in a medium-sized bowl. Serve chicken with cucumber mixture, rice, chutney and minted yoghurt. Garnish with extra mint.
Make it gluten free: Check tandoori paste, yoghurt and chutney are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us