Chicken and squid paella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, grated rind and juice
- 3 ½ cups hot chicken or fish stock
- 200g lean cooked chicken, diced
- 150g steamed or lightly cooked snow peas, halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 squid tubes, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Heat half the oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
2 Add remaining oil and rice. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously to coat rice with oil, onion, and garlic.
3 Add capsicum, tomatoes and lemon rind with a third of the stock. Simmer gently until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
4 Add chicken with another third of stock. Repeat the process.
5 Add remaining stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, or until rice is tender and most stock has been absorbed.
6 Add lemon juice, snow peas and parsley. Heat for 2-3 minutes. Add squid and cook for 2 more minutes. Season with pepper and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free fish stock.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us