Thai beef and kumara curryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- olive oil spray
- 600g blade steak, trimmed, cut in 3cm cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste*
- 400g can chopped tomatoes*
- 1 cup water
- 750g kumarasweet-potatoX, cut in 3cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- steamed rice, to serve
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat a large flameproof ovenproof pan over a high heat. Spray with oil. Add beef in batches. Cook until browned. Remove and set aside.
2 Return pan to a medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and curry paste. Cook for 1 minute. Return beef to pan. Add tomatoes and water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Cover and place in oven for 1 hour.
3 Add kumara, stir, and return to oven for 30 minutes. Remove and stir through sugar.
4 Serve with rice and green vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information