Tofu satay noodle salad
(at time of publication)
- 250g packet tofu marinated in ginger and honey (we used Bean Supreme)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 200g rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons no-added-salt-or-sugar peanut butter
- 3 lemons or limes, juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 150g green beans or sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 2 carrots, peeled in ribbons
- 1 small cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- fresh mint
1 Cut tofu in small cubes. Heat half the oil in a pan then cook tofu for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Set aside on paper towel. Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl and pour over boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes then drain. Refresh under cold water.
2 To make dressing, whisk together the remaining oil, peanut butter, lemon juice, chilli sauce and 1/3 cup cold water.
3 Place noodles, tofu and vegetables in a bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle with dressing and serve with mint and lime wedges if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu and sweet chilli sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.