Tofu, tomato, mushroom and spring onion scramble
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored and each cut into 6 wedges
- 100g shimeji mushrooms (or try brown button or oyster mushrooms as an alternative)
- 1 tablespoon shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 250g fresh firm tofu, drained and very lightly broken up using a fork
- pinch ground turmeric
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt light soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, sliced on the diagonal, to garnish
1 Heat a wok over a high heat and add the rapeseed oil. When the oil starts to smoke, add the tomatoes and stir-fry for 1 min until softened. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 min until browned. Season with the rice wine or dry sherry.
2 Add the tofu and stir in to mix well. Add the turmeric and dried chilli flakes and cook for 1 min. Add the soy sauce and toss, cooking until all the soy has covered the tofu, then season with black pepper.
3 Garnish with the spring onion and serve immediately.
For a heartier meal, this is great with cooked rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.4g
–Saturated fat 1.2g
Dietary fibre 3.6g
Last updated date: 13 January 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information