Tofu, tomato, mushroom and spring onion scramble
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored and each cut into 6 wedges
- 100g shimeji mushrooms (or try brown button or oyster mushrooms as an alternative)
- 1 tablespoon shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 250g fresh firm tofu, drained and very lightly broken up using a fork
- pinch ground turmeric
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt light soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, sliced on the diagonal, to garnish
1 Heat a wok over a high heat and add the rapeseed oil. When the oil starts to smoke, add the tomatoes and stir-fry for 1 min until softened. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 min until browned. Season with the rice wine or dry sherry.
2 Add the tofu and stir in to mix well. Add the turmeric and dried chilli flakes and cook for 1 min. Add the soy sauce and toss, cooking until all the soy has covered the tofu, then season with black pepper.
3 Garnish with the spring onion and serve immediately.
For a heartier meal, this is great with cooked rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.4g
–Saturated fat 1.2g
Dietary fibre 3.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like