Tomato and cumin soupReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- crusty whole grain bread to serve
1 Gently fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until soft. Turn up the heat and add tomatoes, carrot, tomato paste, cumin, coriander, stock powder, turmeric and 800ml water to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
2 Remove from the heat and purée using a wand blender. Serve each bowl with a tablespoon of yoghurt and crusty bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information