Tuna and white bean salad with lemon mayonnaise
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 large carrots, roughly grated
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, roughly grated
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, to serve
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 4 large wholemeal pitas, warmed, to serve
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Combine beans with carrots and courgettes in a salad bowl.
2 Mix mayonnaise, yoghurt, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small bowl to make dressing.
3 Divide salad greens among 4 plates, top with bean mix then flake one-quarter of the tuna on top of each salad.
4 Drizzle each salad with dressing, season with black pepper and serve with a pita bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check mayonnaise is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us