Turkey and vege rice paper rolls with peanut dipping sauceReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 12 rice paper rounds (22cm diameter)
- 3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 250g skinless roast turkey breast, shredded*
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ¾ cup snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 12 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoons no-added-salt-or-sugar crunchy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons mirin (see variations)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- Fill a wide, shallow bowl with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper sheet into the water for 5–10 seconds, or until just soft. Place on a clean work surface. Lightly pat with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Place a little of the Chinese cabbage down the centre of the sheet. Top with some turkey, carrot, snow peas, avocado and a mint leaf. Fold up the bottom and roll to enclose the filling. Repeat process to make 12 rolls.
- To make dipping sauce, in a small bowl mix peanut butter and boiling water until smooth. Add mirin, soy sauce and chilli and mix well.
- Divide rice paper rolls among 4 plates and serve with dipping sauce.
Use regular cabbage if you prefer.
If you can’t find mirin, use 1 teaspoon sugar instead.
Make it gluten free: Check mirin and soy sauce are gluten free.
*Note: Cost per serve will be less if using leftovers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information