Turkey and vege rice paper rolls with peanut dipping sauce
(at time of publication)
- 12 rice paper rounds (22cm diameter)
- 3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 250g skinless roast turkey breast, shredded*
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ¾ cup snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 12 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ tablespoons no-added-salt-or-sugar crunchy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons mirin (see variations)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- Fill a wide, shallow bowl with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper sheet into the water for 5–10 seconds, or until just soft. Place on a clean work surface. Lightly pat with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Place a little of the Chinese cabbage down the centre of the sheet. Top with some turkey, carrot, snow peas, avocado and a mint leaf. Fold up the bottom and roll to enclose the filling. Repeat process to make 12 rolls.
- To make dipping sauce, in a small bowl mix peanut butter and boiling water until smooth. Add mirin, soy sauce and chilli and mix well.
- Divide rice paper rolls among 4 plates and serve with dipping sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
Use regular cabbage if you prefer.
If you can’t find mirin, use 1 teaspoon sugar instead.
Make it gluten free: Check mirin and soy sauce are gluten free.
*Note: Cost per serve will be less if using leftovers.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us