Turmeric fish curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon coriandercilantroX seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets, cut into large pieces
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup fish stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2–3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 250g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- 1/2 cup coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 2 cups baby spinach, to serve
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Dry fry coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric and pepper in a small frying pan for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Crush with a mortar and pestle, and then transfer to a small food processor. Add garlic, chillies and ginger, then blend to form a spice paste.
2 Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add pieces of fish and cook for 1 minute per side, or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Heat remaining oil in the same frying pan. Add onions and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add spice paste and stir for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
4 Add stock, lime leaves, lemon juice and fish sauce to frying pan with 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Return fish to pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until fish cooks through.
5 Meanwhile cook broccoli and peas in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes, or until tender, yet crisp. Drain.
6 Top rice with fish and broth. Garnish with coriander and serve with broccoli, peas and spinach.
Make it gluten free: Check spices and fish sauce are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us